GOVERNMENT OF ASSAM
FINANCE (EC.III) DEPARTMENT
DISPUR ::: GUWAHATI-6
No.FC(EC.III)29/2004/7 Dated Dispur, the 11th March 2005
It has been observed that in recent years, there has been a marked increase in the brands/makes of the four wheel vehicles available in the market. Different Administrative Departments are moving the Department of Finance for approval of purchase of different brands of vehicles. A Committee headed by the Commissioner and Secretary, General Administration Department as Chairman was constituted to look into these issues and recommend the brands/makes of the vehicles which may be purchased for the Government Departments, Public Autonomous Bodies, State Government PSUs.
Based on the recommendations of the Committee the following decision has been taken:
1) The following brands/makes of vehicle should henceforth be purchased by the Government Department, Public Autonomous Bodies, State PSUs Based on the recommendations of the Committee the following decision has been taken:
3.The following brands/makes of vehicle should henceforth be purchased by the Government Department, Public Autonomous Bodies, State PSUs etc. under the State Government as per their functional utility:-
- Maruti Esteem
- Maruti 800
- Maruti Omni
- Maruti Zen
- Maruti Gypsy for Police Escort & field duty
- Sumo for heavy duty, field duty and hilly areas
- Bolero for heavy duty, field duty and hilly areas
- Scorpio for VIP and protocol duties
- Hero Honda Motor Cycle for Police dispatch riders.
- The colour of the vehicles to be purchased by any Government Department, Autonomous Body or Government Undertakings shall be white in colour.
- The words 'Govt. of Assam' and the name of the concerned Department/Public Undertaking should be distinctly inscribed in black letters on white background.
All the Administrative Department are advised to follow the above instruction scrupulously.
Sd/-H. S. Das
Commissioner & Secretary to the Govt. of Assam, Finance Department
Memo No.FC(EC.III)29/2004/7-A Dated Dispur, the 11th March 2005
- PPS to Chief Minister, Assam
- PS to Minister/Minister of State, Assam
- PS to Chief Secretary, Assam
- Addl. Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary/ Commissioner & Secretary to the Govt. of Assam
- The Deputy Commissioner (all)
- The Director General of Police, Assam, Guwahati
- All Superintendent of Police & SDPOs, Assam
- The Registrar, Gauhati High Court, Guwahati-1
- All Administrative Departments
- All Heads of departments.
By order etc.
Sd/- H. S. Das
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of Assam, Finance (EC.III) Department